Boys, we are officially Texans! (again for Huston and I) In May Mom was offered a job with the City of Waco and it was such a great opportunity we took the leap! You both were a little hesitant to leave Stillwater, but were also excited about a new adventure and have settled in so well.
We technically live in Waco, but are in China Spring school district. Moving mid-pandemic...yes COVID is still going strong...was a challenge but I did lots of research to make sure we lived where you'd get the best school and we came across a rental house from the sweetest family; everything just fell into place.
Even though virtual school was an option, we opted for in person school so that you could both make new friends, you are now China Spring Cougars. I have to give it to you, you both are resilient and make friends so easy that you are both doing great in school and have made friends with great kiddos. Huston, you are in a group with several boys and Reed, Aiden & Titus are your best buds. (oh and you have a girlfriend, more about that later). Nolan, your best friend is Eli and you talk about him nonstop.
One thing that really helped get you settled in is you both signed up for flag football. Huston you really found your love for sports this year and you also played soccer and are currently playing basketball! Spring soccer is just around the corner too. Nolan, you made it into UIL chess puzzle team and Huston you made Social Studies. I love watching you both find things you love and learn new things.
I hope when you read this one day you will know that sometimes you just have to take a leap and follow your dreams! Even though things may seem scary at first, you can always get a fresh start or a new adventure and things will work out just as they are meant to. I truly believe that this move is what we needed and I am so excited to see you grow up in our new community. I love you both and am so proud of you every day!











No comments:
Post a Comment