4.26.2014

Huston - April 2014

Huston,

I am so behind on your blogs!  I'm sorry.  I do keep notes on what I want to include, so I'm not technically missing anything, they are just getting lumped together.  Besides, I'm just going to blame it on you for keeping me so busy.  You are a ball of energy that uses up all of my energy too.  Thank goodness you made a friend across the street, because he helps entertain you in the evenings.  His name is Garrett, and he is your 'best buddy'.  I don't know if he got that distinction because of the type of friend he is or the frequency you can play with him, but you are a bit obsessed right now.  He's teaching you lots of bad habits that your teachers and I would typically try to intervene on so we've been having lots of...um...teaching moments.

Since you've been in Oklahoma, you've already picked up a little twang.  Sometimes I just find ways to make you say "hat" because I want to see how many syllables you'll stretch it into. You love being outside and will often tell me, "Momma, it's a beautiful day", "I need some fresh air" and "I want the blue light in, not the yellow light".  And you LOVE playing out at Papa's on the farm.  You are his gate opener and help with the cows and think you are big stuff out there.
We went to a karate place in town that is offering a summer camp and you tried out and even though they typically only take 5 and up, they are going to let you attend (you'll almost be 5!).  You did a great job at following his direction and they promise to teach you a lot about discipline and respect, so I signed you right up :)
You have started taking on some chores and are very proud of them.  You are in charge of getting the mail, turning on and off the outside lights and bringing me your laundry.

Your teacher Mrs. Weaver recommended we go ahead and enroll you in Kindergarten  since you've been doing a good job in Pre-K, so we got you all enrolled.  You really seem to enjoy learning and tell me all kinds of things when you get home.  You loved the lessons on planting this month and you are counting, writing and spelling great.  Now that you know your numbers so well, you can even unlock my phone.  Stinker.

You have lots of phrases going on that I thought might hold off until you were a teenager, but maybe that was wishful thinking.  I commonly hear "Ya, I know that.", "Really?", "I told you.....", and my favorite "I need privacy".   You are also obsessed with the words "chicken" and "eyeball".  I have no idea why.  The one I'm completely okay with is that you learned to tell me I'm beautiful.  I know it's probably a ploy to get something, but I still love it.

I think I mention this every blog, but I love watching you play with your brother.  You two are getting close and have a lot of fun together.  You are both crazy and sweet and cute and smart and I love you both so much.  You tackle each other as much as you cuddle, but so far we've had no major injuries.
I'm proud of you every day buddy and I hope you always know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment