![]() |
| Huston with Mrs. Sullivan |
One very excited little boy has started Pre-K! When I brought up the idea of school I was somewhat expecting "I want to stay home with you momma". Nope. You jumped on it. And then asked me daily from enrollment to the first day when you could go. Lesson learned, do not tell you until the day before we are going to start something new....
We went to Meet the Teacher night and you got to meet Mrs. Sullivan. You played a little shy, but the smile never left your face. We checked out your classroom, saw where you would have lunch and then found your locker. What are the odds that you would share a locker with a boy named Nolan from the morning class?
On the first day of school we carefully picked out your outfit and of course, you promptly spilled something on your shorts, so we had to change you about 5 mintues before it was time to leave. We got to the school a little early and had to wait outside. Your excitement started to fade as we waited and I started getting nervous that you would want to back out.
But when they opened up those doors, you pulled me in and we washed your hands and got in the lunch line. You got your tray and picked a place to sit and told me, "You can go now momma." Then, "Stay and eat." I said, "No, big boys eat at school by themselves." "Ok, go momma. Bye."
I walked out but hung around a little bit and watched you from behind a pillar. You picked up your pizza, looked at it funny and then set it down and drank your milk. I did not cry. I came very close, but did not cry. I can't believe my baby boy is in the public school system!
I was so anxious to pick you up and got to school way too early, but it was so worth it to see you come out that door with a big ol' smile on your face. We had a Sonic cherry Sprite waiting on you with 4 extra cherries. You told me a little about your day and then said "Mommmm, I don't want to tell you right now."
Mrs. Sullivan told me that the second day of school you asked her, "Why did you change clothes?" She said she didn't want to wear dirty clothes to school. The third day you said with a big grin... "Hey, you changed clothes again!" I guess you don't think teachers change clothes and probably think they live at the school. I love it.Each day you jump out of the car with a quick kiss blown at me and run to the door. When I pick you up you tell me a few things, mostly what you ate and if you talked to your friend Christopher that day. I hear you singing little songs and practicing letter sounds and it just makes me so excited for your future!
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment