8.19.2011
Huston you are 2 years old!
We are no longer counting your age in months. This is good because they fly by so quickly these days I can’t keep up. I feel like I was just writing your blog for one year.
You have lost almost all of your “baby” fat and are now my skinny boy. Your once cute, chubby, adorable feet are now stinky. You constantly have dirt on your face and under your fingernails. Yep, you are all boy!
Your month started out a little rough, you fell climbing out of the bath tub (did I mention you are a monkey?) and cut open the skin on your hip bone. You were very aware of your “boo-boo” and pointed it out anytime you saw the band-aid. You also got sick for the first time and threw up all over me three different times in one night. You were all better the next day, so I guess it was a small bug but it was not fun!
You are talking away. Your favorite words are fries (“fwies”), water (“bubbles”), cookie (“kukie”), go-go-go-go, baby (“bebe” and you say this when you want on my lap), banana (“blannnannna”) and bagel (“blagel”) and you are finally starting to put words together. Most nights you will tell your Da and I that you love us “tuv tu” when we tell you. You have also learned to say “DOH!” in your best Homer Simpson voice thanks to Grandpa Ron. One of my favorites is when you say "Niiiiiiiiiiice". I didn't realize how much I say it to you when you show me something until I started hearing it back. You also tell me to "Seeeeeeet" when you want me to sit down to read a book.
Did I mention you know the word fries? Yes, I have the child that recognizes fast food places and starts screaming “FRIES, FRIES, FRIES” and crying if/when you don’t get them. Luckily we found Veggie Straws and call them fries and it seems to trick you. You are eating much better and are trying some new things. Supposedly you eat veggies at daycare, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
You love to have your window down in the car and will repeatedly ask me if I forget to roll it down. You are still all about Buzz, Woody & cars. You are so much taller now, that you can open just about anything, which has kept us very busy shutting doors and telling you no.
We are also working on you recognizing that you are turning 2 and you will tell us and even sometimes show us on your fingers. Most often it comes out as 4 but you are trying!
You have had a pretty crazy month. Not only did we just move to California and live with Nama and Grandpa for about a month, you also started a new daycare/preschool. It is a Montessori and you really seem to like it. Ms Preeti says that you often move over to the three year old lessons and are recognizing your shapes really well.
You also got to go to a few baseball games and even caught a ball from Kurt Suzuki and high fived the fans. The jumbo tron caught you dancing to. You love to dance.
For your birthday we are going to Red Robin, just like last year. This will probably become our family tradition (your mom and dad’s first date was at a Red Robin and we got engaged at one). Then Friday we take you to get your 2 year baby check up and 2 year pictures. Your party is Sunday – Hot Wheels Party!
We love you so much bebe boy and the last two years have been so amazing watching you grow and learn and we can’t express enough how proud we are of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment